New TOEFL Independent Speaking Task 2 Questions - 2018 Edition
Today I would like to give you a list of new TOEFL Independent Speaking Task 2 questions. These questions cannot be found on older TOEFL online courses or books. We gathered them from students who took the actual TOEFL exams. If you want to prepare for the TOEFL Speaking Task 2 section, these new TOEFL speaking questions are a must-study. By the way, if you want to hear all sample responses to these questions, sign up for our TOEFL online course.
Okay! Let’s look at these new questions.
- If you are to choose between 2 apartments to live in next semester, one apartment is near the campus but slightly expensive, the other is a little far from the campus but cheaper, which one do you prefer and why?
- Do you agree or disagree with the statement that female and male university students should have separate residence halls?
- You have been very busy and unable to prepare for the exam tomorrow. You can either stay up late to study and sleepless or just study less and get full night’s sleep. Which will you choose?
- Some universities expect the students to choose a major field of study when they enter the school; while other universities wait until the second or the third year before students deciding to choose a major field of study. Which do you prefer? Why or why not?
- Some people think that those children who do not want to keep learning a musical instrument course should be required to keep learning the course; While others think that those children should be allowed to make decisions by themselves. What is your opinion and why? Use examples and details in your explanation.
- Do you agree or disagree that it is important for young people to learn some domestic skills like cooking, sewing and taking care of children?
- Which one do you prefer? To buy the newly-released e-product as soon as possible or to wait for a while and then decide whether you want to buy it or not.
- Is it better to use your extra money to buy some objects like clothes or electronic products, or is it better to use the extra money to increase your experiences like going for a vacation or a concert? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
- Some people go to take exercise outside or go to gym each day, while others take exercise or go to gym when they have free time. Which opinion would you prefer to and give your reasons?
- Some people prefer to buy new books while some people would like to buy used books, what is your opinion?
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? If you want to succeed in business, being outgoing and friendly is very important.
- If the police stops a driver who is driving drunk (after drinking alcohol), do you think that the person’s driver’s license should be taken away? Support your answer.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Government should forbid violence and bad language in TV programs. Use specific reasons and examples in your answer.