IELTS Speaking Vocabulary - Movies and TV shows
In this video, you are going to learn some great vocabulary you can say about movies and TV shows. This video will be very, very helpful if you are taking the IELTS because they often ask you to talk about movies and TV shows in the speaking section.
Some movies-related IELTS speaking questions
- Do you like watching movies?
- How often do you visit cinemas for watching films?
- What genre of movies do you really like?
Words to describe movies
- Box office hit
- Moviegoer/Film buff
Words to describe types of movies
Keep me on the edge of my seat/riveting
Make one’s blood run cold
Give me food for thoughts
Some TV-related IELTS speaking questions:
- Do you like watching TV shows?
- What genre of TV shows do you like to watch?
- What kind of TV shows do you like to avoid?
Words and phrases to describe your TV-watching habits
- Go through phases
- Put (some tv show) on in the background
- Be really into (some tv show)
Describe a TV show you like and don’t like
- Every episode finished with a cliffhanger.
- They had a lot of plot threads to resolve.
- There were no spoilers
- Good pace from scene to scene
- On the air
- It went downhill in later seasons.
- Some storylines made no sense.
- There was a lot of padding.
- Plodding plot
- Mindless reality TV shows
Looking for IELTS preparation?
Check out our NEW IELTS prep online learning tool called IELTS Tutor.
IELTS Tutor will help you achieve your target score with 1500+ IELTS practice questions.