qFilter by Letter keyboard_arrow_down
Definition: A certain, usually specified, amount or number of something; A considerable number or amount of something:
- If taken in large quantities, the drug can result in liver failure
- This operation is not about finding a large quantity of drugs but to reassure the public and take out middle level dealers
- Many people like to buy in quantity
Definition: The most perfect or typical example of a quality or class:
- Benjamin Franklin must have been the quintessence of self-improvement because he actually made a list of thirteen important virtues and tracked his progress in abiding by the list.
- The corruption scandal was reported as the quintessence of dirty politics.
To quarrel is to fight, or have a disagreement, but it is normally a verbal disagreement, not physical. Think of quarrels to be on a smaller scale of a full-blown fight.
- Growing up, I always quarreled with my sister.
- Whenever my brothers watch football, they always quarrel over who the best player is.