表示期間的介系詞
▶️ within + 時間: 意思是「在 … 期間之內(不能超過一個特定的時間點)」
The clothes I bought online are supposed to arrive within a week.
我網購的衣服應該要在一週之內送達。
We'd better find a new place to live within two months, otherwise we'll be homeless.
我們最好在兩個月內找到一個新的住所,否則我們將無家可歸。
The wedding is in six months, so we need to finalize all the details within that time frame.
還有六個月就是婚禮了,所以我們必須要在這段時間內完成所有細節。
▶️ during + 時間: 常用在表達「在某段期間」
What did you do during the weekend?
你在週末做了什麼?
I plan to visit my grandparents during the holidays.
我預計在假期期間拜訪我的爺爺奶奶。
Consumer spending had dropped significantly during the past eight months.
過去八個月,消費者支出大幅下降。
During the first few minutes of the meeting, the power was out.
在這會議開始後的前幾分鐘電就停了。
▶️ for + 時間: 表達「持續了多久」,for 後面接所持續的時間長度
James has lived in Canada for five years.
James 已經在加拿大住了五年。
Kevin has worked as chief of the advertising section of our company for ten years.
Kevin 擔任我們公司的廣告部主管已經 10 年了。
The interview went on for almost 3 hours.
面試進行了將近3個小時。
▶️ throughout + 時間: 表達「某件事從開始到結束的期間」,和 during 有些類似,但更強調的是從頭到尾的這段期間
I was really bored throughout the meeting.
會議上從頭到尾我都覺得很無聊。
I worked throughout the week as the deadline was approaching.
隨著截止日期逼近,我整個星期都在工作。
It's important to stay hydrated throughout the day, especially in hot weather.
整天補充水分很重要,尤其是在炎熱的天氣裡。
▶️ in + 一段時間
in + 過去一段時間: 指的是「在…過去一段時間內」 in + 未來一段時間: 指的是「在 … 期間內」 |
In the last six years, the value of a house has increased by 35% in this country.
在過去的六年裡,這個國家的房價增長了 35%。
I haven't gone outside very much in the past few years.
過去幾年我很少出門。
I want to lose at least 10 pounds in two months.
我想在兩個月內減掉至少 10 磅。
Can you finish the job in two weeks?
你能在兩週內完成這項工作嗎?
She could get that essay done in a couple of hours if she really tried.
如果她真的盡力的話,她可在幾小時內完成那篇文章。
I'm just setting off, so I should be with you in half an hour.
我正要出發,所以我半小時後應該會到你那裡。
I haven't had a decent night's sleep in years.
我很久沒有好好睡過一覺了。
▶️ until / till 直到 …
We didn't eat till past midnight.
直到過了午夜我們才吃東西。
We waited till nine to have breakfast because that was when our favorite cafe opened.
我們等到九點才吃早餐,因為那是我們最喜歡的咖啡館開張的時間。
I was up until three o'clock trying to get my work finished!
為了完成工作,我一直熬夜做到三點!
The conference is postponed until the end of this month.
會議延後到本月底。
Mr. Garcia will be out of the office until June 18.
Garcia 先生在 6 月 18 日以前都不在辦公室。
▶️ by 在 … 之前
All staff are required to hand in the report by 6 p.m.
所有工作人員都必須在下午六點之前提交報告。
I will finish my homework by 4 p.m.
我下午四點時會完成作業。
Can we finish this meeting by five? I have to pick up my son at five thirty.
我們最晚五點能結束這次會議嗎? 我必須在五點三十分的時候去接我的兒子。
▶️ since 自從 … 時候
Susan has worked for the payroll department at the headquarters since she joined the company 5 years ago.
蘇珊從五年前加入公司以來,一直在總部的工資部門工作。
He has been unemployed since last June.
自去年六月以來,他一直處於失業狀態中。
I have been happily married for 14 years, since the age of 22.
從我 22 歲以來,我已經幸福地結婚了 14 年。
▶️ before/prior to 在 ... 之前
The construction work will be completed before August.
工程將於8月前完成。
Most landlords require full payment of the security deposit before the tenant receives the keys.
大多數房東要求房客在收到鑰匙之前全額支付押金。
I need to clean out my closet before the end of the summer and donate any clothes I no longer wear.
我需要在夏天結束前清理我的衣櫥,並捐贈我不再穿的任何衣服。
Tenants should clean the apartment a few days prior to the move-out date.
租戶應在搬出日期前幾天打掃公寓。
Prior to going back to school, I will need to make arrangements for childcare if necessary.
在返回學校唸書之前,如果必要的話,我需要安排托幼。